9.09.2007

1st Two-Strand Twists

Alright, I did it! I did my first set of two strands today! I'm so proud
of myself. I've noticed, while detangling in the shower, that more and
more hair is left behind in my comb. It's time for me to commit to some
protective styles, at least for the winter. A protective style is one
that keeps the hair, er, protected from friction from clothing, daily
combing/brushing, tangles, etc. This can be achieved through twists,
braids, updos, buns, sewn-in weaves, and more. This style would have
taken me about 3 hours, but I took lots of breaks.

I conditioner-washed my hair with Matrix Sleek.look conditioner and
detangled it. I then parted my hair to get the twists to the desired
thickness. I filled my 8 oz. spray bottle with 2/3 water and 1/3 Pantene
R&N conditioner to moisten my hair with periodically. I then proceeded
to twist using Elasta QP Mango Butter. Tonight I'm sleeping in my satin
cap. I can't wait to see how they look tomorrow morning.

Goodnight, all! Thanks for reading!
The Trotter is bright (:Þ)

No comments: