9.22.2007

Two Strand Twists-Reloaded

This is my second attempt at doing two-strands, and, success! Here's
what I did differently. I parted more with my fingers rather than with
my comb. The first time I was spending way too much time trying to get
each section the exact same size. This time, I made horizontal parts to
make rows. Then, I would just use my fingers to section off each twist.
I also made smaller twists. They still puffed up very nicely. I used
Cantu Leave In Conditioning Cream instead of Elasta QP Mango Butter. The
Cantu LICC made the twists just moist enough to work with and very
light. When I used Mango Butter, my twists were weighed down and greasy
(the twistout was the bomb the next morning though!).

I know, I know-the more I practice, the better I'll get. I guess I need
to be patient. :)

The little figure is something one of my clients made for me. She
remembered my favorite color was purple and made a little "me" pencil
topper! That really made my day. She said,"I wanna grow my hair long and
natural just like yours," and I told her she could. I gave her all the
advice she needed, and the next time I saw her, she had already had her
big chop. Yay for her!

Thanx for reading my blog.
The Trotter is bright (:Þ)

No comments: