9.16.2007

The 70s & a Cockatiel

What it is, groovy people?

Sorry, I just came from a 70s-themed fundraiser and I'm still feelin'
out of this world. Today was the first day I wore an afro, and I loved
it. A lot of others wore wigs, hell, everyone did. And I just felt so
proud that my 'fro was all me! Some asked to touch it, some asked if it
was real, some didn't believe me when I said it was, and some were
indifferent. I couldn't help but feel tall and majestic with my curls
lightly towering above my head.

Moving on. Everyone meet Thunderbird, T-Bird for short. He is a
2-year-old cockatiel. He is the inspiration for this blog's name. I've
written a story about how I came up with the name, but I'll have to get
it from my PC and post it (I mainly post from my PDA). He's my sweetie,
and he loves my hair as much as I do.

Thanx for reading my blog, I can dig it.
The Trotter is bright (:Þ)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My goodness your fro is BEAUTIFUL! REadind your blog is kind of making me want to go natural...I can just envision a fro on me! I'm kind of worried though...what if I get tired of natural hair and want to do straight styles? I hate to admit it, but I'm also kind of worried about what other people would think. Sad, huh? I think so. It's a shame that just because we live in America we are brought up NOT to embrace our natural texture. I suppose I could always wear braids if I wanted it to be straight! Anyway, keep posting! I'm thinking hard about transitioning and I like your blog!